Bretton's opened in 1945 and, nine years later, added the Bali Hai room featuring Cantonese dishes. Special drinks were served in a tall ceramic mug with custom lettering by Otagiri Mercantile Company.
Max Bretton and his wife Mary’s place also featured a Main Dinning Room, the Cooper Lounge, the Baltimore Room and the Nasch Table.
Here's a photo taken in 1955 acquired from the Missouri Valley Special Collections, Kansas City Public Library, Kansas City, Missouri.
And here's what it looks like today.